‘Ultimate feel-good herb’ helps treat sexual dysfunction and health issues
What is Damiana?
Damiana is a small shrub with aromatic leaves that is found in dry, sunny climates in North and Central America. It was first recorded by Spanish missionaries, who described how Mexican Indians drank it as an aphrodisiac tea. Dubbed the ‘ultimate feel-good herb’ in some cultures, it has been used to boost sexual potency in South America since Mayan times. It has officially been designated a ‘national treasure’ in Mexico and the export of live plants is prohibited.
Its sexual boosting properties are endorsed by nutrition expert and best selling author Dr. Ray Sahelian in his book Natural Sex Boosters. He suggests it is most effective when used together with other sexual performance enhancing herbs like Tribulus Terrestris and Horny Goat Weed. Dr. Sahelian’s findings support a 2009 ethnopharmacological study by Mexico's National Institute of Psychiatry, which accepted the use of Damiana as an aphrodisiac, and as a treatment for sexual dysfunction.
6 benefits of Damiana
- Increases sexual response. Damiana has a reputation for treating a broad range of sexual issues, including loss of libido. It is believed to introduce higher oxygen levels into the genital area from increased blood flow. Anecdotal evidence also suggests it calms, relaxes and balances hormones, leading to improved sexual response and orgasms.
- Helps treat stomach ulcers. It has been used to treat various gastric issues, including peptic ulcers.
- Helps with weight loss. Damiana is potentially most effective when combined with other herbs that work to suppress appetite, like Guarana and Yerba Mate.
- Relieves frigidity. Damiana increases sensual pleasure by increasing blood flow to the clitoris. It also helps revive sex drive in menopausal women by increasing testosterone levels.
- Enhances mood. It helps alleviate stress, anxiety and mild depression in both men and women.
- Combats exhaustion. No human clinical studies have been done to test the effect of Damiana on extreme fatigue. However, a study of lab rats showed increased sexual behaviour in exhausted male rats.
How Does Damiana Work?
The compound Damianin – a chemical essential to the plant’s structure – has been shown to create a relaxing effect on the central nervous system. It has also been shown to have a hypoglycemic effect, prompting discussion about its potential for diabetic and weight loss therapies.
The Physicians’ Desk Reference for Herbal Medicines recognises Damiana leaf as an herbal supplement that may be helpful for conditions like decreased libido, inflammation, and weight loss.
Taken before bedtime, it relaxes a woman as a precursor to lovemaking and gives a mildly euphoric sensation for a couple of hours. It may even spark the occasional erotic dream.
Is Damiana safe to use?
Web MD advises that Damiana is generally safe, but it should not be taken by those who have diabetes, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, or breast cancer. It’s also not recommended for children, or for women who are pregnant, or breast-feeding.
Drug Digest points to animal studies of Damiana that found it can alter blood sugar levels. Anyone with diabetes should avoid taking Damiana, or at least consult a physician before starting a Damiana herbal regimen.
How can I get more Damiana?
Damiana is a key ingredient in Herbal Ignite for Women, a natural supplement that assists women’s libido and helps treat premenstrual and menopausal symptoms. Damiana, together with Dong Quai, Tribulus Terrestris and Horny Goat Weed, is recognised for its benefits to women’s sexual and reproductive health and all four herbs have been used for centuries in traditional medicine.
How Herbal Ignite for Women helps support women’s health
Herbal Ignite for Women is an over-the-counter dietary supplement taken daily with food to support pre-menstrual tension and menopause and to restore hormone levels to a healthy balance. It also helps reduce stress levels and increase libido.
Herbal Ignite for Women contains four key ingredients:
- Damiana is the key fatigue and stress fighter in Herbal Ignite for Women. Known as the ‘ultimate feel-good herb’ for women, it combats fatigue, relaxes the body, reduces stress and anxiety, lifts mood and enhances sexual response. It also helps balance female hormone levels, control hot flushes and is especially renowned for its libido enhancing qualities.
- Dong Quai is known as ‘the women’s herb’ or ‘female ginseng’ because it is recognised in traditional Asian medicine as an excellent all-purpose women’s herb. It is used to calm nerves, relieve anxiety and mood swings, aid in the treatment of various skin conditions, promote youthfulness, reduce stress and is also considered effective in treating cancer. It also helps restore hormonal balance, improve menstrual regularity and relieves PMS and hot flushes.
- Tribulus Terrestris is a general tonic that supports sex drive, ovulation and reproductive health. It also balances hormone levels, boosts vitality and sense of wellbeing.
- Horny Goat Weed has been used in traditional medicine as an aphrodisiac to increase libido, improve sexual response and function and create a feeling of wellbeing during menopause. It has been used since ancient times to promote physical and mental energy. It stimulates libido by enhancing sexual response and orgasm, relieves symptoms associated with PMS and menopause, balances hormones, relieves stress and aids in the treatment of osteoporosis.
Horny Goat Weed contains a flavonoid called Icariin that assists to increase nitric oxide levels relaxing genital muscles in men and women, promoting erections and orgasms. It also influences the stress hormone cortisol to help relieve stress.
Herbal Ignite has been used successfully by thousands of men and women in New Zealand and Australia to help beat stress and fatigue, boost libido and sexual satisfaction. It is 100% natural and free of unpleasant side effects. It is made in New Zealand to the highest standards, with thorough testing and guarantees of no adulteration or undeclared ingredients.
Get Herbal Ignite for Women Special: Buy three bottles & save 27%
Disclaimer. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not substitute for the advice provided by your medical professional. Always seek specific medical advice for treatment appropriate to you. Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.