How to identify and treat poor sexual interest
There are times in a woman’s life when having sex with her partner may feel like a chore or a necessary inconvenience. Sadly, this may lead to feelings of guilt or inadequacy. However, the reality is that both men and women can struggle at times with low sex drive, as the demands of daily life drain them of the strong libido that came to them naturally in their youth.
If you’re noticing you don’t seem to have sex as often as you did when you were younger, and you’re trying to work out what’s changed or what’s wrong with you, try not to stress about it. The demands of modern life can be tough on libido, and many factors can play a role in leaving you feeling like sex is one more demand you just can’t meet.
Expectations in the media can also complicate the issue by placing pressure on both men and women to maintain an active sex life. So it’s not surprising our bodies sometimes feel they cannot keep up. Men also sometimes reinforce these negative feelings by regarding low sex drive in women as the ‘problem’ in a relationship because they’re not getting sex as frequently as they would like.
Who is affected by low libido and may need sex pills?
A loss of sexual interest can happen in any relationship. This lack – or at the very least a perceived lack – can create relationship tension and sow discord and distrust. This is validated by sexual health experts and sex therapists, who report that low libido is the most regular problem brought up in sexual health counselling.
Well-known sex therapist Dr. Rosie King says low libido in women is the most common complaint she receives in her work with couples wanting a better sex life. She outlines in her book Where Did My Libido Go? that there is a lot of incorrect information around the issue, making women feel guilty and ‘to blame’ for sexual tension in a relationship.
Health website WebMD quotes a recent study that showed nearly a third of women aged 18-59 suffer from a loss of interest in sex and most women experience libido problems at some time in their lives, often related to hormonal changes (birth or menopause), stressful life events, or a relationship that is going sour.
Sexual drive declines naturally with age due to physiological factors. However, interpersonal and psychological factors can also play a big role in a woman’s willingness to be sexual. This includes the degree of intimacy in a relationship, which can drive her desire to be sexual with her partner.
If a woman is physically capable of sex but doesn’t want it, it’s difficult for her partner not to take it personally and conclude she doesn’t want that form of intimacy with him. No one likes feeling sexually undesirable and this can drain intimacy and positive feelings from a relationship.
Over time, if the problem isn’t dealt with, it can even lead to fears that a partner may be having an affair. Long-term low libido problems can cause tension and distrust in even the strongest relationships.
7 causes of low libido in women
Unlike men’s primary sexual complaint (erectile dysfunction), women’s main sexual problem of low libido is caused by a combination of both mental and physical factors. For a growing number of women, hormonal changes, job stress, relationship problems and a variety of other issues manifest themselves in the bedroom.
Many factors can contribute to low libido. These include:
- Side effects of medication, including certain antidepressants, blood pressure drugs and oral contraceptives.
- Physical or medical factors such as obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, fibroids, endometriosis or thyroid disorders.
- Alcoholism, smoking and drug abuse.
- Emotional issues such as stress, fatigue, anxiety or depression.
- Relationship conflict or distance.
- Hormonal changes or imbalances, including low testosterone.
- Psychological or sociocultural reasons, such as a poor body image or low self-esteem.
6 ways to treat low libido in women
WebMD says that once the factors causing low sexual desire have been determined, potential treatment options may include:
- Sex therapy and/or relationship counselling. "Sex therapy is very effective for individuals and couples, and that is always at the top of my list," says assistant professor at Harvard Medical School, Dr. Jan Shifren. Sexual dysfunction usually affects both parties in a relationship and should be discussed together, or individually, with a mental health professional.
- Changing medications or altering the dose. If the problem is caused by medications, a change of prescription or alternative therapies may be recommended. If an oral contraceptive is suspected as the culprit in lowering testosterone levels, a different formulation, or non-hormonal birth control methods, may be prescribed.
- Addressing underlying medical conditions. Medical problems contributing to low sexual desire may require surgical treatment, such as the removal of painful fibroids or medication.
- Vaginal estrogens. In postmenopausal women, vaginal dryness may be treated with vaginal estrogen creams.
- Testosterone therapy. Some gynaecologists may recommend the use of testosterone therapy for women with a low sexual desire to restore testosterone to normal (pre-menopausal) levels.
- Healthy intimacy. This includes good communication, non-demanding attention, quality time and a low level of conflict.
6 things a woman can do at home to support treatment of low libido
There’s a lot a woman can do herself to enhance her libido and create surroundings and circumstances that are conducive to her feeling rested and sexy. These include:
- Understand what turns you off and eliminate it.
- Talk to your partner about what turns you on.
- Create a peaceful and sensual space you feel comfortable in.
- Ensure you are rested and not under too much stress.
- Make time – and space – for sex. Don’t just expect it to happen.
- Consider using herbal sex pills, including natural treatments like Herbal Ignite.
How can sex pills help boost libido?
Herbs traditionally used to increase libido include TribulusTerrestris, Horny Goat Weed, Tongkat Ali, Damiana and Avena Sativa. They have been used for many years in traditional medicine as libido boosters and are still popular today.
Sex pill supplements containing these herbs, such as Herbal Ignite for Men and Women, have been available for many years as a libido booster. Herbal Ignite for Men also helps with erection problems and Herbal Ignite for Women contains specific herbal ingredients that help balance hormones in women.
Treatments like Herbal Ignite have been used by ancient cultures for centuries to boost sexual health – unlocking the sexual power of key herbs to put the spark back into flagging libidos.
How sex pills work
There is a wide range of sex tablets on the market and as they have varying success rates, it’s important to understand how different sex pills work and to find a brand you can trust. Reputable sex tablets like Herbal Ignite contain only all-natural herbs, and the manufacturer is careful to clarify that they work gradually, over a period of a few days and weeks.
This is unlike other, possibly unscrupulous, natural sex capsule manufacturers who promise same-day results. It is advisable to steer clear of these; sex pills promising ‘on the spot’ results may have been adulterated with unknown drugs or may be making unsubstantiated claims.
Natural sex pills like Herbal Ignite are purposely designed to work thoroughly and they produce results by naturally supporting sexual arousal and reducing stress to aid sexual performance. While this may mean their effects take longer to kick in, the advantage is that once you’ve been taking the pills for a couple of months, the effects usually last for several months afterwards.
Which claims about sex pills are true?
Some interesting claims about sex pills for men and women include:
- Improved sexual sensitivity and genital blood flow.
- The ability to experience multiple orgasms, and doubling, or even tripling, orgasm duration.
- Improved oral sex.
- Improved sexual confidence.
- Enhanced erectile function.
- Increased penis muscle-strength.
- Ejaculatory control and increased ejaculatory volume.
- Penis enlargement.
It is evident that some of these claims are more reliable than others. While some herbal sex pills contain legitimate ingredients that may help achieve some of the above effects, some manufacturers are often deliberately vague about their products’ specific ingredients and the corresponding results. Other claims – such as penis enlargement – are simply not supported by evidence.
Like any other product, a ‘fly by night’ brand of natural sex tablets may pop up one day and disappear the next. And it pays to be cautious of any herbal or organic sex pill that claims to give instant, dramatic results. This could mean that the manufacturer is being deceptive, or it may even have been ‘spiked’ with illicit drugs to gain these instant results.
Be sure to look for quality herbal sex pills that have been on the market for a good number of years and which transparently list all ingredients. Herbal Ignite, for example, has been a trusted natural virility supplement for men and women for 20 years.
4 factors to consider when choosing sex tablets
When investigating which brand of natural sex pills to use, there are some key factors to consider:
- Avoid any herbal pill that promises instant results. Tests done by Pfizer Inc, the New York-based pharmaceutical giant that developed Viagra – as well as other independent testing authorities – showed up to 90 percent of the herbal pills that promised ‘instant action’ were spiked with illegal pharmaceutical ingredients, sometimes at dangerous levels.
- Choose herbs that have a long tradition in herbal medicine for treating sexual performance. These include TribulusTerrestris, Siberian Ginseng, Gingko Biloba, Horny Goat Weed, Saw Palmetto and Wild Oats. South American rain forest herbs like Damiana, MuiraPuama and Maca, and the Malaysian herb Tongkat Ali also all enjoy a long history of success in enhancing sexual performance.
- Ensure the formulation states clearly on the label what it contains and at what strength. For TribulusTerrestris, for example, studies show the best results require a formulation with at least 40 percent concentration of the active saponins. Avoid products where the concentration of active ingredients is low or not stated.
- Always use the product according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If they suggest taking the product according to body weight, you need to do this to get good results. Clinical trials with Tribulus showed optimum benefits when used daily for 60 to 90 days. Many herbal remedies require gradual and consistent use for up to two or three months for the best results, so it’s important to understand they do not generally offer an instant solution. If they promise ‘instant results’ they may possibly contain something which is undeclared on the label.2
How Herbal Ignite for Women sex pills work
Herbal Ignite for Women is an over-the-counter dietary supplement taken daily with food to support pre-menstrual tension and menopause and to restore hormone levels to a healthy balance. It also helps reduce stress levels and increase libido.
Herbal Ignite for Women contains four key ingredients:
- Damiana is the key fatigue and stress fighter in Herbal Ignite for Women. Known as the ‘ultimate feel-good herb’ for women, it combats fatigue, relaxes the body, reduces stress and anxiety, lifts mood and enhances sexual response. It also helps balance female hormone levels, control hot flushes and is especially renowned for its libido enhancing qualities.
- Dong Quai is known as ‘the women’s herb’ or ‘female ginseng’ because it is recognised in traditional Asian medicine as an excellent all-purpose women’s herb. It is used to calm nerves, relieve anxiety and mood swings, aid in the treatment of various skin conditions, promote youthfulness, reduce stress and is also considered effective in treating cancer. It also helps restore hormonal balance, improve menstrual regularity and relieves PMS and hot flushes.
- Tribulus Terrestris is a general tonic that supports sex drive, ovulation and reproductive health. It also balances hormone levels, boosts vitality and sense of wellbeing.
- Horny Goat Weed has been used in traditional medicine as an aphrodisiac to increase libido, improve sexual response and function and create a feeling of wellbeing during menopause. It has been used since ancient times to promote physical and mental energy. It stimulates libido by enhancing sexual response and orgasm, relieves symptoms associated with PMS and menopause, balances hormones, relieves stress and aids in the treatment of osteoporosis.
Horny Goat Weed contains a flavonoid called Icariin that assists to increase nitric oxide levels relaxing genital muscles in men and women, promoting erections and orgasms. It also influences the stress hormone cortisol to help relieve stress.
Herbal Ignite has been used successfully by thousands of men and women in New Zealand and Australia to help beat stress and fatigue, boost libido and sexual satisfaction. It is 100% natural and free of unpleasant side effects. It is made in New Zealand to the highest standards, with thorough testing and guarantees of no adulteration or undeclared ingredients.
Get Herbal Ignite for Women Special: Buy two bottles & get one more bottle FREE
Disclaimer. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not substitute for the advice provided by your medical professional. Always seek specific medical advice for treatment appropriate to you. Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.