Many men (and their partners) wish they could last longer in bed. Up to 75 percent of men ejaculate within two to five minutes of beginning intercourse, and less than 35 percent of men in one web-based survey felt they had any control over when they climaxed.
Sex secrets of how to last longer in bed
Eastern teaching has for thousands of years taught sex secrets that allow a man greater sexual control, by separating the physiological processes of orgasm and ejaculation that those in the West regards as inseparable.
Dr. Joel D. Block, quoted in Sex Over 50 says: “Taoist sex manuals devote a lot of space to techniques to prolong intercourse... these techniques have been working for thousands of years.” And the good news is that men in midlife are well positioned to learn how to last longer in bed.
Says Dr. Block: “Men in midlife are far more likely to experience multiple orgasms because they have greater control of the ejaculatory process and are able to differentiate between orgasm and ejaculation.”
Techniques and supplements to help you last longer naturally
There are physical techniques as well as medications and herbal supplements, like Herbal Ignite, that can help men last longer in bed. By understanding the physical stages of sexual response, and then following physical techniques that raise and lower arousal levels during sex, men can:
- Gain much greater contro
- Enjoy much greater levels of sexual satisfaction.
- Last longer in bed.
- Give their partners much more pleasure.
Men and Women wired for sex differently
Men and women are naturally wired differently for sexual arousal. Men usually get excited very quickly, only have one or two non-orgasmic ‘peaks’ and experience a short time between arousal and orgasm. Women usually take longer to become sexually aroused, and often experience several ‘waves’ of higher arousal before the end of their cycle which may, or may not, include orgasm.
Because of the differences in these sexual arousal cycles, physical adjustments need to be made if the male partner is to last longer during sex.
Factors influencing how long you last in bed
There is a range of factors which influence how to last longer in bed including:
- Mental state.
- Sexual position.
- Thrusting patterns.
- Breathing & Relaxation.
- Muscular control.
- Ejaculation-slowing techniques.
Lasting longer in bed using mind over matter
Whether you’re thinking about having or halting an orgasm, the part of your brain responsible for this is switched on. So ironically, consciously thinking about delaying your orgasm may just end up ‘stoking the fire’. To last longer in bed, try to stop thinking about it. Relax your mind. Focus on your partner, the motion, even sports if it helps! Or try and achieve a neutral state of thought for as long as possible.
In many cases, the stress and anxiety that result from the fear of not lasting long enough may be a big part of the problem. There are a variety of ways to naturally decrease stress and anxiety, including exercise, yoga, prayer or meditation, and a better work-life balance. For some, it may be worth seeing a counsellor or psychologist to discuss advanced options.
Even if anxiety and stress aren’t the main cause of your problems, it’ll definitely be contributing. So it’s well worth doing something to get it sorted.
Rubber insulation to last longer in bed
Condoms are one of the simplest ways to last longer in bed. Not only will the layer of latex reduce sensitivity, but some condoms now contain Benzocaine, a de-sensitising lubricant that will typically buy you another five minutes before climax.
How sexual position helps to last longer
The sexual positions that create the most friction for women do the same for men. If you’re ejaculating faster than you'd like to, you could try changing sex positions. The best sex positions to last longer in bed are:
- The missionary (it gives the man more control).
- Variations on it, like the butterfly.
- Sex while standing.
- When she’s on top, the penis receives less stimulation.
- Any position where the two of you can gaze eye-to-eye and stay in deep communication.
How thrusting patterns affect lasting longer
The best lovers understand that sex isn't just about in and out. And there’s a science to sexual thrusting that men who have tried it say has remarkable results for lasting longer in bed. By varying thrusting patterns between shallow and deep, you gain more control and stimulate the G-spot area more effectively.
Some of the thrusting patterns taught in Tantric and Taoist traditions include:
- Eight shallow, one fast.
- Nine shallow, one deep.
- Japanese nines.
- Valley orgasm.
Breathing and relaxation can help you last longer in bed
When men are sexually aroused:
- Their breathing tends to become fast and shallow. By consciously slowing it, arousal can also be slowed.
- A man’s body tenses up, hastening orgasm. Conscious relaxation techniques can slow this process.
Last longer with muscular control
Learning to flex the PC muscle (the pubococcygeus) also known as the ‘love muscle’ through a series of exercises known as Kegel exercises is one of the main tools a man can utilise when discovering how to last longer in bed. This is done at first by starting and stopping urine flow. Once you’ve done this enough times, the muscle becomes stronger and you can repeat the exercise anywhere, any time.
When approaching orgasm, you can squeeze your PC muscle to lower arousal levels and last longer in bed. The more you do this, the better your ejaculatory control will become.
Working the PC muscle can increase sexual pleasure for both men and women. If you practise Kegel exercises for a couple of months you should notice:
- Your orgasms increase in intensity
- You have greater sexual control
Ejaculation-slowing techniques to last longer
- The Big Draw. Pull back when ejaculation is imminent, count to nine and resume thrusting with shallow strokes.
- The Three Finger Draw. This technique uses three curved fingers to apply pressure to the perineum (the area between the anus and the scrotum) at the moment of ejaculatory inevitability.
- The Art of Brinkmanship (coitus interruptus). Approach stimulation to the point of imminent orgasm, then stop until your arousal level has declined. When you feel yourself approaching ‘the point of no return’, pause and let things subside a little (try 5-10 seconds). Then you can get back to business. When you start approaching that point of no return again, simply repeat the technique.
- The Squeeze. This method is similar to the one above. In this case, however, rather than merely pausing for a few seconds, if you find yourself getting too close to orgasm, withdraw completely. Then squeeze your penis right below the head for 10-20 seconds, focusing pressure on tube along the penis’s underside, the urethra. This will temporarily re-direct some blood flow and delay ejaculation. This technique can be repeated.
Last longer in bed - practice makes perfect
All of these techniques to last longer in bed take time to learn and practice. Men who have used them successfully suggest practising during masturbation before trying them with a partner.
A 50-year-old man quoted in Dr. Joel Block’s book says: “As a callow youth I had so little control that I was coming by the time I sensed I was about to come... As a mature man, I have exquisite control, and I have learned to use this technique (the art of brinkmanship) to prolong, increase and multiply my orgasms. I really believe any man can do it, and the only thing stopping men is ignorance.”
It’s not reasonable to expect that techniques to last longer in bed will work the first time you try them. But the men who have mastered them have no doubt the rewards of learning lasting longer in bed techniques are worth it.
Medications and natural herbal supplements to last longer
There are a variety of last longer pills and creams available. They range from your standard snake oil solutions to drugs with evidence to back their efficacy. One common drug is Dapoxetine, which is a similar formulation to anti-depressants. It isn’t cheap, however, and Dapoxetine-based last longer pills have side effects to be aware of, including nausea, dizziness, dry mouth, headaches, diarrhoea and insomnia.
There are also effective natural herbal supplements, like Herbal Ignite, which can help you last longer in bed.
The key is to choose carefully and check all last longer pills for ingredients and potential side effects before making any purchases.
How Herbal Ignite helps you last longer
Herbal Ignite for Men is an over-the-counter dietary supplement taken daily with food to help with men’s sexual health and libido. Anecdotal reports from customers indicate it has helped some men last longer in bed. Its formulation works to:
- Support male sexual health.
- Support testosterone levels.
- Promote blood flow to the penis.
- Relieve stress and fatigue.
- Improve energy levels and confidence.
- Increase interest in sex or libido.
The three key herbs in Herbal Ignite for Men – Tribulus Terrestris, Horny Goat Weed and Avena Sativa – have been used in traditional medicine for centuries to rejuvenate men’s sexual and hormonal health. In the last 30 years, this traditional use has been supported by some scientific studies, but there is still a lot we don’t understand about how exactly the active ingredients in these herbs work.
- Tribulus Terrestris lifts testosterone levels and improves sexual activity and muscular strength. Testosterone is the male hormone that gives men mastery in sexual performance and is vital for libido and muscle growth. It also generates male energy, confidence and stamina. Men using Herbal Ignite report an improved sense of wellbeing.
- Horny Goat Weed increases desire and sexual performance. The active ingredients in this herb are PDE-5 inhibitors, which increase blood flow to the penis and help with better erections.
- Avena Sativa relieves stress and fatigue. Many men notice a decline in sex drive and sexual strength because of the effects of stress and long working hours; this herb helps counter the effects of our tough modern lifestyle.
Herbal Ignite has been used successfully by thousands of men in New Zealand and Australia to increase testosterone levels and boost libido and sexual satisfaction. It also relieves stress and fatigue and improves energy levels and confidence.
Herbal Ignite is 100% natural and free of unpleasant side effects. It is made in New Zealand to the highest standards, with thorough testing and guarantees of no adulteration or undeclared ingredients.
Get Herbal Ignite for Men Special: Buy two bottle & get two more bottles FREE
Disclaimer. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not substitute for the advice provided by your medical professional. Always seek specific medical advice for treatment appropriate to you. Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.