Hormonal imbalance impacts emotions and mood
What are hormones?
Hormones are chemical ‘messengers’ in the human body, created in the endocrine glands. They control most bodily functions, including basic needs like hunger through to complex human functions like reproduction. They even direct our emotions and mood. Many hormones, especially those affecting growth and behaviour, have a significant impact on both men and women.
Hormone levels in our body change daily and have a significant effect on women’s health in particular. The female sex hormones, estrogen and progesterone, are most well known because of their influence on a woman’s reproductive health; controlling menstruation, pregnancy, menopause and other cycles. But the body also makes and uses many other hormones that affect key aspects of health, including energy levels, weight and mood.
A healthy hormonal balance keeps a woman’s skin healthy, weight stable, mood upbeat and energy levels high. Understanding how hormones affect the female body, mind and emotions helps to minimise their negative effects and enhance their positive ones.
Symptoms of hormonal changes on women’s health
The loss of oestrogen in a woman's body as she enters menopause can have detrimental effects on her health and cause uncomfortable symptoms such as hot flushes and night sweats. The lack of oestrogen can also increase the risk of heart disease and the bone disorder osteoporosis.
Other problems may include vaginal dryness, discomfort during sex, recurrent urine infections and incontinence. It may also contribute to the depression, irritability and poor concentration which some menopausal women experience.
How do you treat hormonal imbalance?
As impactful as it can be, menopause doesn't have to be a disastrous time for women. If reduced hormone levels are causing unpleasant symptoms, treatments such as hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or even Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapies can be very effective. HRT and other types of medication can also be used to prevent health problems, for example, if a woman has a significantly increased risk of developing osteoporosis.
However, if you are not a candidate for HRT, or simply prefer a natural alternative, there are other options available in the form of herbal supplements. These can help re-balance your system and overcome estrogen dominance, which can have a negative impact on both your weight and sex drive.
6 ways herbal supplements can help balance hormone levels
Herbs generally take a little longer than Hormone Replacement Therapies to start working, but once they have built up in your system, the results can be very pleasing.
In her book In The Mood Again, Use The Power of Healthy Hormones to Reboot your Sex Life At Any Age, Dr. Genie James recommends waiting four to six weeks for levels to increase.It is good to remember this is a “gradual and gentle approach for rejuvenating your sexuality for life, not for a sexual sprint,” she says.
As an alternative to medications and hormone replacement therapies – which can have negative side effects –women are Increasingly looking to herbal health products like Herbal Ignite for Women. Many years of herbal practice have shown that the herbs in Ignite for Women support women’s reproductive health effectively. It has a number of positive health outcomes, including:
- Helping to balance hormones.
- Reducing menopausal discomfort.
- Improving libido and sex drive.
- Enhancing sexual arousal and pleasure.
- Alleviating the side effects of the contraceptive pill.
- Improving mood and energy levels.
Herbal Ignite’s special formula has helped thousands of women with libido support and an improved sense of wellbeing, with minimal unwanted side effects. However, it’s important to note that herbal treatments like Herbal Ignite for Women do not work instantly, or even overnight. Like many herbal remedies, it’s ideal to continue with Ignite for Women for three months. This is to ensure the best results, even though most people notice benefits within the first couple of weeks.
How Herbal Ignite for Women helps support hormonal balance
Herbal Ignite for Women is an over-the-counter dietary supplement taken daily with food to support pre-menstrual tension and menopause and to restore hormone levels to a healthy balance. It also helps reduce stress levels and increase libido.
Herbal Ignite for Women contains four key ingredients:
- Damiana is the key fatigue and stress fighter in Herbal Ignite for Women. Known as the ‘ultimate feel-good herb’ for women, it combats fatigue, relaxes the body, reduces stress and anxiety, lifts mood and enhances sexual response. It also helps balance female hormone levels, control hot flushes and is especially renowned for its libido enhancing qualities.
- Dong Quai is known as ‘the women’s herb’ or ‘female ginseng’ because it is recognised in traditional Asian medicine as an excellent all-purpose women’s herb. It is used to calm nerves, relieve anxiety and mood swings, aid in the treatment of various skin conditions, promote youthfulness, reduce stress and is also considered effective in treating cancer. It also helps restore hormonal balance, improve menstrual regularity and relieves PMS and hot flushes.
- Tribulus Terrestris is a general tonic that supports sex drive, ovulation and reproductive health. It also balances hormone levels, boosts vitality and sense of wellbeing.
- Horny Goat Weed has been used in traditional medicine as an aphrodisiac to increase libido, improve sexual response and function and create a feeling of wellbeing during menopause. It has been used since ancient times to promote physical and mental energy. It stimulates libido by enhancing sexual response and orgasm, relieves symptoms associated with PMS and menopause, balances hormones, relieves stress and aids in the treatment of osteoporosis.
Horny Goat Weed contains a flavonoid called Icariin that assists to increase nitric oxide levels relaxing genital muscles in men and women, promoting erections and orgasms. It also influences the stress hormone cortisol to help relieve stress.
Herbal Ignite has been used successfully by thousands of men and women in New Zealand and Australia to help beat stress and fatigue, boost libido and sexual satisfaction. It is 100% natural and free of unpleasant side effects. It is made in New Zealand to the highest standards, with thorough testing and guarantees of no adulteration or undeclared ingredients.
Get Herbal Ignite for Women Special: Buy two bottles & get one more bottle FREE
Disclaimer. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not substitute for the advice provided by your medical professional. Always seek specific medical advice for treatment appropriate to you. Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.