Does male menopause really exist?
The idea of menopause in men has been controversial until recently. However, the medical profession is now increasingly accepting the fact that the hormonal changes men experience in their middle years can trigger symptoms similar to those of female menopause.
Who is affected by male menopause?
Despite the question mark over the diagnosis of male menopause, what’s not in question is that men's sexual health does change with advancing age. Sexual urges decline and erections may require direct stimulation and take longer to build. Just as women produce less oestrogen as they age, older men produce less testosterone, the hormone responsible for sex drive.
4 common signs and symptoms of male menopause
There is a range of physical and psychological signs and symptoms associated with declining testosterone levels, brought on by menopause in men. According to the Mayo Clinic, there are some clearly recognisable signs and symptoms.
- Sexual problems.This might include a reduced sexual desire, erectile dysfunction, fewer spontaneous erections and infertility. A man’s testicles might become smaller as well. Other symptoms may include sexual performance anxiety and fantasies about sex, such as having a new, younger, partner.
- Fatigue and changes in sleep patterns.Sometimes low testosterone can cause sleep disturbances, such as insomnia, or increased sleepiness.
- Physical changes. Various physical changes are possible, including increased body fat, reduced muscle bulk and strength and decreased bone density. Swollen or tender breasts (gynecomastia) and loss of body hair are also possible. More rarely, men might experience hot flushes and feel less energised.
- Depression and emotional changes. The low testosterone levels caused by male menopause may also contribute to a decrease in motivation or self-confidence. A man might feel sad or depressed, or have trouble concentrating or remembering things.
Some of these signs and symptoms can be caused by factors other than low testosterone, including medication side effects, thyroid problems, depression and excessive alcohol use. There also are conditions such as obstructive sleep apnoea that cause disrupted sleep patterns and which might affect testosterone levels. Once these conditions are identified and treated, testosterone will typically return to a normal level.
6 steps you can take at home to help treat male menopause naturally
Experts agree there are a number of things you can do to help treat the symptoms of male menopause, including the following:
- Eat a healthy diet. Boost your energy levels by eating foods like whole grains, fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, low-fat dairy and plant-based proteins. Also make sure you take in enough zinc through foods like pork, cashews, chickpeas or a good zinc supplement.
- Exercise regularly. Follow a regular workout routine that combines cardio and resistance training. Try doing 20-30 minutes or intense training each day.
- Approach sex differently. While sex is important, try and regard it as just one part of a relationship that also includes friendship, love, intimacy and sharing.
- Seek help if you feel down. It’s important for men to seek help if they feel down.Men don't always experience depression as feelings of sadness and they may be unusually tired, anxious, irritable or angry and have trouble keeping up with their responsibilities at work and home. Other common symptoms include difficulty sleeping and thoughts of suicide.
- Talk to your doctor. Your doctor can identify if there are any health issues that may be causing or contributing to your symptoms, including possible medication side effects.
- Consider natural supplements. A range of herbs and nutrients, including Herbal Ignite for Men, have been found to have beneficial results in supporting hormonal balance and a normal sex life for men who have declining sexual stamina and other common symptoms of midlife.
Natural supplements can help treat men’s menopause symptoms
Despite myths to the contrary, a declining sex drive isn’t an accepted fact that accompanies aging. Modern science and traditional medicine have joined forces to produce a range of products that act as natural sex boosters.
Many of the active ingredients in traditional herbal supplements, like Herbal Ignite for Men, have been scientifically researched to confirm they deliver genuine benefits. Thousands of men are discovering the benefits of natural sex booster ingredients like Tribulus Terrestris, Horny Goat Weed, Avena Sativa, Maca, Muira Puama and Ginseng.
It’s important to note that natural products often don’t work as quickly as pharmaceuticals. Natural sex boosters may take a few days to kick in, but they often provide additional benefits, such as a boost to libido and enhanced sexual sensation, when they start taking effect.
Herbal Ignite for Men has helped many men concerned about male menopause symptoms caused by declining testosterone. It works to boost testosterone levels, decrease stress, improve nerve function and genital blood flow and increase libido and interest in sex.
What is Testosterone Replacement Therapy for male menopause?
Your doctor may prescribe a medical option to help treat menopause in men, although treatments may be controversial because of the risks involved. Before commencing treatment, your doctor may do a complete general health check, including a rectal examination, liver function tests and PSA tests.
Risks of testosterone replacement therapy
Testosterone injections may reduce male menopause symptoms, but they may come with potentially dangerous side effects, such as:
- An increased risk of strokes.
- Potential liver toxicity.
- They may cause heart disease. (Serum cholesterol levels should be evaluated and rechecked periodically).
- They may contribute to prostate cancer. (A PSA test should be done annually to detect early signs).
Why is Herbal Ignite for Men a good natural choice to help treat male menopause?
Herbal Ignite for Men is an over-the-counter dietary supplement taken daily with food to increase men’s health and libido. Its formulation works to:
- Support male sexual health.
- Support testosterone levels.
- Promote blood flow to the penis.
- Relieve stress and fatigue.
- Improve energy levels and confidence.
- Increase interest in sex or libido.
The three key herbs in Ignite for Men – Tribulus Terrestris, Horny Goat Weed and Avena Sativa – have been used in traditional medicine for centuries to rejuvenate men’s sexual and hormonal health. The herb Tribulus Terrestris, in particular, has also been found to naturally boost testosterone levels and is available in capsule form in herbal supplements like Herbal Ignite.
- Tribulus Terrestris lifts testosterone levels and improves sexual activity and muscular strength. It also generates male energy, confidence and stamina and men using Herbal Ignite report an improved sense of wellbeing. While Tribulus Terrestris supports and assists the body's natural production of testosterone it should be clearly understood that it is not a hormone supplement.
By promoting the production of the body's own hormones, it works only within the body's natural limits to help men achieve their strength and muscular potential. Tribulus Terrestris will not cause the body to indefinitely produce increasing amounts of testosterone – rather, it balances natural hormone levels.
- Horny Goat Weed increases desire and sexual performance. The active ingredients in this herb are PDE-5 inhibitors, which increase blood flow to the penis and help with better erections.
- Avena Sativa relieves stress and increases sexual desire. Many men notice a decline in sex drive and sexual strength because of the effects of stress and long working hours; this herb helps counter the effects of our tough modern lifestyle.
Herbal Ignite has been used successfully by thousands of men in New Zealand and Australia to increase testosterone levels and boost libido and sexual satisfaction. It also relieves stress and fatigue and improves energy levels and confidence. It has a potent herbal formula that works over time to help resolve the underlying causes low sex drive in men and, in particular, low testosterone levels that result from aging.
Herbal Ignite is 100% natural and free of unpleasant side effects. It is made in New Zealand to the highest standards, with thorough testing and guarantees of no adulteration or undeclared ingredients.
Get Herbal Ignite for Men Special: Buy four bottles & save 46%
Disclaimer. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not substitute for the advice provided by your medical professional. Always seek specific medical advice for treatment appropriate to you. Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.